OTTILIE ROBINSON-SHAW (GBR)
Ottie has been one of the most dominant junior freestylers in history, achieving two ICF World Championship titles. Gaining her first ICF World Champion Title in Argentina (2017), followed by electrifying seasons on the European and World circuit gaining her first ECA European Champion Title (2018), and her relentless drive gaining her a second consecutive World Champion Title in Spain (2019).
Ottie epitomises today’s progressive ladies freestyle movement. With massive moves, especially in the aerial realm, her explosive style, and heart-pounding approach has inspired the new generation of junior freestylers. No surprise then that she received the prestigious World Paddle Awards Junior Paddler of the Year 2018, Essex Junior Sports Personality of the Year 2018 and a nomination for BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year in 2019.
In her final event of 2019, selections for the ECA European Championships (Paris 2020), Ottie scored a record 1240 points, and is on track for a super 2020 season in the Senior Ladies. Her uncompromising approach, grounded in precision and technical expertise, is setting a new performance benchmark for the women. Today, the generation of women she’s inspiring could become her biggest challenge … and she says she couldn’t be more stoked!
- 2019 – BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year 2019 Shortlisted.
- 2019 – ICF Freestyle Junior World Champion.
- 2019 – ICF Squirtboat Senior Bronze Medallist.
- 2018 – Essex junior Sports Personality of the Year 2018.
- 2018 – World Paddle Awards Junior Paddler of the Year.
- 2018 – ECA European Junior Champion and double ICF World Cup Champion.
- 2017 – ICF Freestyle Junior World Champion.